Tracking India Post Registered Mail /Sign For/ is not very easy sometimes as there are no information at all. Bu I can give you some tips that can help you.
- The official India Post website http://www.indiapost.gov.in/ Registered parcels (Tracking numbers beginning with IN and ending with IN) can usually be tracked here: http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/ Another option is here: http://services.ptcmysore.gov.in/RNetTracking/ Both links are tested ad working as I write this article.
- Some information about India Post tracking numbers: Tracking Number Formats
|Category||Format||No. of digits|
|Speed Post (EMS) Domestic||EE123456789IN||13|
|International EMS Artilces to be delivered in India||EE123456789XX||13|
|Electronic Money Order (eMO)||000000000000000000||18|
|Express Parcel Post||XX000000000XX||13|
The official India Post Online Tracking facility is on this address: http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Tracking.aspx
India Post’s online tracking allows you to access tracking information and confirm the delivery of your item by using the tracking number assigned to you at the time of Booking. You can find the tracking number on the Postal receipt handed over to you at the Post office Counter at the time of booking.
What can be Tracked
- Speed post (Domestic EMS)
- International EMS
- Electronic Money Order (eMO)
- Registered Mail
- Express Parcel
- Electronic Value Payable Parcel (eVPP)
How it works?
The tracking system is updated periodically to provide you with the most current information available about the location and status of your item. You’ll be able to find out the following:
When your item was booked
When your item was dispatched and received at various locations during its Journey
When your item was delivered, or:
When a Delivery Intimation Notice was issued to notify the recipient that the item is available for delivery
How Can I Track?
1. Enter the Postal Article Number In the Tracking Number(s) box,
2. Select the Go button to view your results.